Friday, August 28, 2009

work...work...work

The past two weeks here at TSA have been a whirlwind...my days have consisted of perusing/reading huge documents (so I know exactly what it is we do here at air cargo), writing response letters to stakeholders (so they know what we are doing here at air cargo), and writing an article for an internal newsletter (so the rest of TSA knows what we are doing at air cargo)....and this is all coming from a girl who started a week ago and has no clue if anything she is saying, writing, or explaining, makes any damn sense. But, it is all part of the learning process and I can say that I have learned more here in the last 2 weeks than I did at any of my other jobs over the past year. Most people in the program I was hired through really do not have much to do...either their supervisor's did not prepare adequate work for them to do or maybe they are easing them into the process a bit because they are new to the government/TSA. My boss, on the other hand, tasked me with a response letter and article within my first few days, before I even knew what it is that we do here. I am not one to shy away from a challenge, but I'd have a nose bigger than Pinocchio if I don't say I was scared out of my mind at the same time. Somehow, I seem to have survived the past week with a successful response letter and article that, unbeknownst to me, will be published in the newsletter with my by-line. Awesome! So yes, the writing here may be a little dry and highly formatted, but it's writing nonetheless and I cannot be more thankful that I have this opportunity! Oh, and seeing as though I am now a "city girl" I have turned into a headphone-wearing, bus/metro-riding, business clothes-wearing, book reading commuter, who may look like she has her life together, but is really still just taking it a day at a time and trying to smile every once and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment