Monday, January 3, 2011

The Piano

I admit that I will never be a concert pianist. Not even close....but this year for Christmas my parents surprised me with an electric keyboard! Now, I know that may sound lame to some of you....but my lovely piano is sitting in storage in Half Moon Bay, where it will remain until either I lug it to wherever I am living, or my parents move back to HMB. That being said, I miss it. When I lived alone for 6 months, I played every night...practicing songs I had memorized or learning new ones. I found it a great challenge to listen to an instrumental movie soundtrack and try to learn it by ear. (Guess when you live alone you reach far for something to pique your interest)! But there was great satisfaction for me in learning even one bar of new music. And now, I get to try for these small accomplishments again. This small window in my crazy life that makes me slow down for as little as 10 minutes, put on some headphones and play just for me. Even if it's just to bust out some chopsticks...chopsticks will maybe lead to sanity.....

No comments:

Post a Comment