Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm a local?

Do you want to know the exact moment I turned into a DC snob?

This morning...

It happened when I rolled my eyes and had a silent snicker over the family of 10 tourists who could not, for the life of them, figure out why on earth their paper metro tickets weren't working when they placed them on the electronic SmartTrip reader. 

Why won't it work?
I'm holding it right on the thing!
Maybe we didn't put enough money on the card!
...a small line is forming behind them at this point.  And shortly after the Metro station manager comes running out of his booth...
Now wait just one minute! Hold the phone.

So why do I call myself a snob?  Because instead of helping these kind, innocent people ease their way through the metro turnstile...I thought to myself;
Oh, silly tourists. and continued on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment