Saturday, April 30, 2011

Match.com

We have reached a point in society where online dating has almost become a social norm....and I think it's a heavy stretch on the 'almost'.  Regardless, match.com was able to suck me into their world by promoting such great commercials with the potential of finding true love.  Barf.  I actually signed up when I was in Miami, alone on a Friday, possibly with a glass of wine....

Anytime I tell someone that I've signed up for match, I provide a caveat....I did it when I was drunk....I just wanted to see what it was like....it was free to sign up initially.  etc etc etc.  When really, it just seemed like the best next step seeing as though I've had zero luck finding someone suitable to date in D.C.  It's an interesting city to say the least....full of single young people, but either I'm the outsider or nobody is interested in really finding somebody to be compatible with for the long run.  

anywhooooooo I've gone on a few dates on match...nothing that has turned into anything.  I'm still skeptical of the whole thing, not entirely sure the guy i'm emailing is truly a serial killer.  I'm trying to be optimistic and just see where it takes me.  I've also had to make an attitude adjustment and realize the potential of just meeting people in general.  Not every person I meet up with has to be my husband.  

So, there's that explanation in a nutshell.  Yes, I am on an online dating website and no, I have not met my match just yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment