Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Best Friend's Getting Mawwiedddddd

Rachel has been my best friend since I met her in second grade.  She's the type of person who I can go without seeing for months yet it's like nothing ever changed. I love her dearly and could write a novel on our adventures together (hey, maybe I should) but I'll save that for another post.  This is our friendship in a nutshell:



Rachel and Anders (who I've also known since second grade) started dating the spring of our Senior year.  I was only slightly jealous, as Anders had been my prom date Junior year...no no, in reality, I was the first to find out about them as a couple and I could not have been happier for two of my friends to get together.  They went through a lot of turmoil and the three of us grew very close as a result of that.  It's hard to live away from best friends, but it makes the times we are together that much more worthwhile.  As a result of this closeness and never feeling the need to hold back, I never had any qualms about questioning Anders about marriage or asking about engagement possibilities in front of them both.  Here's the lovely couple:




This spring brought their 7th (YES 7th) anniversary and I spoke to Rachel just before and learned of the vacation they had planned to Hawaii to celebrate.  Since we are in the land of technology, I got to facetime with Rachel while she was on her computer - Anders was in the room too.  So, trying to be inconspicuous, I motioned my ring finger to rachel with a questioning glance? and she just answered....no no, not expecting anything, people have been asking etc.  And Anders chimes in from off-screen "I know what you two are talking about!!!!"
Put a ring on it, Anders!!!  Lock it up.

Well, I had a feeling it would happen on the trip, but you never know.  Rachel called me the first night of their vacation and I frantically ran to the back of the bar to call her and see what happened.  Nothing...she was calling to say how lovely Hawaii was. 

Night two, she calls again as I am walking home from being out with friends.  Just as I'm almost to the door of my house, she tells me that they got engaged!!!!!  I was jumping up and down in the street and I definitely got some weird looks, but I didn't care! My best friend JUST GOT ENGAGED!  (ps is it weird that I'm telling this whole story? I feel like this is maybe something that should be saved for their wedding website or something, oops).

Anywhooo, to complete my story - I cannot be happier for my best friends and am even more excited that I am Maid of Honor - yes it's official.  The wedding is next summer in Half Moon Bay at her parent's house.  The view will be something quite similar to this:


See ya in 2012 folks. Let the planning begin.  Congratulations again to my Rachie-Poo and Anders.  So excited to celebrate your love for one another! 

P.S. Can we have Tres Amigos at the wedding?







No comments:

Post a Comment