Thursday, April 7, 2011

Too Many Brittin's for TSA

One of the problems of working at the same agency as my father is this....

People screw up our emails.  In a technology age where most people type the first few letters of your last name, then hit shift to auto-fill, it will auto-fill the name you used most recently.  Meaning, every once and a while I will get an email for him and he will get one for me. 

What's bad about this is if neither one of us notices, or forgets to forward.  What's worse is when my boss doesn't notice, doesn't ask why I haven't followed up on something, or is waiting for me to brief her on something I don't know about.  However, is it really my problem is people don't notice their mistake?  I don't know what I don't know, right?

I usually laugh when it happens and it gives me and Pops another reason to explore the many facets of father-daughter overlaps in the workplace.  Mainly, we just piss Mom off by having debates and conversations about what's going on, who's doing what and why they are doing it.  Nerding out on policy, politics and personalities. 

Never thought I'd see the day when my Dad and I were talking about work and I actually knew what was going on.....or better yet, challenged him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment