Monday, May 9, 2011

Manic Monday

Watching the sun rise from the windows in my treehouse is truly a great way to start the day.  It's unfortunate though that I snooze my way it and finally wake up when the sun is shining brightly in my eyes.  But this morning...Monday...greeted me warmly.  A fantastic weekend was surely going to roll into a great week, or so I hoped.  

My journey to the metro station was nothing abnormal except that I got to watch a young gentleman almost biff it entirely off the curb as he got off the bus.  Not two seconds later, I saw a young woman catch a lip in the sidewalk right before she got to the escalator.  I am eager to get in the metro station and sit down so I can get out my notebook and write down a few words about seeing people trip and how it makes me laugh.  But karma had another fate for me and wouldn't you know it...I tripped in the same sweet spot that the girl in front of me.  

All in all, I got to start my morning with the sun shining on my face, a slight trip, and a laugh...if only every Monday began this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment