Monday, May 16, 2011

Superstition

Last Friday happened to be the 13th.  Being a Halloween baby, I have developed this notion that anything superstitious actually bodes well for me.  I usually scour the calendar looking out for these special days, which is somewhat ironic now because I used to afraid of anything frightening.  Put on a scary movie when I was a kid, and I'd be in the other room with my ears covered for fear of hearing something that could possibly give me nightmares for months.

As I've matured, I have learned not to hide myself away on a Friday the 13th or walk the other way if I see a black cat walking down the street.  I see a full moon and want to run out to an open field, hold my arms out in the air and just think about my current state of mind.  Put any combination of those together and we're talking some serious cosmic energy.

Well, this weekend that started with Friday the 13th and continued with a full moon certainly delivered.  I cannot necessarily go into details about some of the revelations that I've had or what's put a smile on my face, all you need to know is that they happened.

This shell is breaking down and I am finally learning to stop being so hard on myself.  I don't know why it took a superstitious holiday to make me realize that, or maybe the full moon was just a reason for me to let go....just let go.

I'll leave you with the thought that's been on this philosophizer's mind...are we to do or are we to be?  

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment