Friday, March 18, 2011

Brudder

My big brother Petey was in town this past weekend. He may be 27 and getting married in September but I am still allowed to call him Petey, Petey Poo, Petard....you get the picture. He got here on St. Patty's Day so I met him at Union Station and we of course had to go out for a Guinness. It was great to catch up a bit with just him before meeting up with other friends and our parents. Good ol' fashioned brother sister quality time. We get into serious conversations and we get into giggle fits. That's the best thing about Peter - he can be my best friend and my worst enemy at the same time. We continued the Guinness-drinking festivities back at my house and ventured up to the rooftop. It's like Mary Poppins when you look around - I wanted to start dancing and singing Chim Chiminiee Chim Chiminee Chim Chim Cheerooooo. He rolled his eyes at me.... The sun was setting and the early spring evening turned cold. We began the venture to the metro station to head down to Old Town to meet up with Mom and Dad. For some reason we started talking about the movie "The Hangover". My family is somewhat obsessed with this movie, especially my Dad. Most of the times we have gotten together as a family in the last few years we have watched it at some point and laughed our asses off. Anyways, after talking about it I told Pete that I had the song stuck in my head. When he asked which one, I decided to sing for him instead....I think the Guinness helped... What do tigers dream of when they take a little tiger snooze? Do they dream of prancing zebras? Or Halle Berry in her catwoman suit?? I glance over to Pete...is he laughing or giving me the evil eye? Dougggg Douuuugggg Doug Doug Douggieee Doug Doug Now I've got him laughing...mission accomplished. The rest of the weekend was filled with Brittin favorites - cocktails, food, more food, more cocktails, wine, food, music, food. Of course, in between all the eating and drinking, my brother (and parents) helped me move into my new house and I could not have done it without all of them. Moving is tough but having their support truly helped me get through it. Oh! And we finally stumbled upon a delicious Mexican restaurant in D.C. It's about damn time. Big Brudder is the best...I wish we lived closer so that we could spend more time being ridiculous and being the adult children that we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment