Monday, March 7, 2011

Frustation Station

This train has pulled into frustration station with no departure time for the other side. Personal boundaries have been pushed to the point where I feel uncomfortable, general ick factor, and only want to scream as a means of expression. Professional space is being invaded by the 10 coworkers who decided to have an impromptu 50-minute long conversation (heated at times) right outside of my workspace. I don't like to be a mean person at work - I don't think I am generally a mean person at all. But there are times when I'm smiling on the outside for fear of what my face would look like if I wasn't. Thank goodness I get to go home on Friday. Home sweet home, take me home country road, there's no place like home. If only I truly knew where the place was these days....but maybe it's not a place at all.... "You'll see one day when you move out it just sort of happens one day and it's gone. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I don't know, but I miss the idea of it, you know. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place." - Name the movie and you'll make my day.

1 comment: