Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Express Yourself.

According to my iTunes - here are my 50 Most Played Songs:
1) Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried
2) Plain White T's - Rhythm of Love (This is a new one - I fell asleep with this one on repeat...whoops)
3) Train - Hey, Soul Sister
4) Michael Buble - Can't Help Falling in Love
5) Jay Sean - Down (feat. Lil Wayne)
(Most random first five songs?)
6) Zac Brown Band - Colder Weather
7) Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
8) David Nail - Red Light
9) Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
10) Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
11) John Hiatt - Have a Little Faith in Me (this was my #1 in my old itunes)
12) O.A.R. - On My Way
13) The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman
14) Zac Brown Band - Toes
15) Jeff Buckley - Morning Theft
16) Otis Redding - Mr. Pitiful
17) Zac Brown Band - Jolene
18) The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses
19) The Eagles - Take It Easy
20) Beirut - Scenic World
21) Sara Bareilles - King of Anything
22) Van Morrison - Into the Mystic
23) O.A.R. - King of the Thing
24) Pink - Raise Your Glass
25) Van Morrison - These Are the Days
26) Muse - Undisclosed Desires
27) Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home
28) Cee Lo Green - Fuck You (non-censored version of course)
29) Cadillac Sky - Ballad of Restored Confidence
30) Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long
31) Ryan Adams - Chin Up, Cheer Up
32) The Band Perry - If I Die Young
33) Jim Sturgess - I've Just Seen a Face
34) Cadillac Sky - Hangman
35) George Harrison - Here Comes the Sun
36) John Legend - This Time
37) Katy Perry - Firework
38) Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Ship Song
39) Rufus Wainwright - Beautiful Child
40) Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
41) Glee - To Sir With Love
42) Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (beautiful)
43) Sugarland - It Happens
44) Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
45) Neon Trees - Animal
46) Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
47) Coldplay - Amsterdam
48) James Horner - The Ludlows (from Legends of the Fall)
49) Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love is
50) Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop the Rain
This is pretty all-encompassing of my musical taste - basically I like to listen to whatever sounds good at the time. Could be anything - I could have a favorite one day, listen to it 50 times and then not be able to listen to it again for 2 months. But I think that's what music is all about - connecting in the moment. That way, somewhere down the road, you'll hear that song again and think about that day when you absolutely could not stop listening to it. You'll remember the sights, the smells, the sounds, and how you were feeling.
As I'm writing this, I have my Top 50 playing in the background. Right now, I'm at #42. It's a classical piece that was in the movie "Master and Commander". I remember watching the movie and being moved by what happens while this song is playing...I remember my Dad coming home from work shortly after watching it and handing me the soundtrack to the film. (I have a slight obsession with movie scores). I remember going up to my room which was still painted bright blue, placed the CD in my boombox (oh yes, don't be jealous), and sitting and listening to the score from start to finish. Had to listen to every score all the way through at least once. But I got stuck on this song - and I cannot tell you how many nights I fell asleep to with it on repeat or got through my homework whilst it played in the background.
While the above list provides a slight glimpse into my favorites - it doesn't even glimmer at the other 4800 songs I have on my computer....Another day, another song, another memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment