Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Insomnia....

Dear Insomnia,
Well hello old friend. I see you have decided to visit me in Miami - I am happy to say that I had a vacation from you for the first 2 weeks here and it was quite grand. I even managed to fall asleep before 10pm on many occasions. Did you feel left out? Were you jealous that sleep was winning me over and that you could no longer keep me company well into the wee hours of the morning?
I admit that we have had some pretty interesting times, Insomnia. So many nights where you provided an unwanted comfort. How to fill the quiet hours of the night? The time when everyone else is sleeping all around you...including the dog who takes up at least 3/4 of the bed....
Oh Insomnia, let's read for a bit or listen to some music on Pandora. But remember, no new stations allowed because every new song will spark an interest in my sleepless brain in curiosity of this amazing string of notes floating in through my ears. Or maybe we should stream a movie on netflix...but again, remember not to watch "The Dark Crystal" at 1am. That initial excitement at reliving a movie from childhood quickly turned to a realization that this is one twisted movie. Who are these weird bird creatures and what was Jim Henson on when he thought up this plot? So Insomnia, please remind me to stick to cartoons, romantic comedies, or Lord of the Rings when you come to keep me company.
We have spent a lot of time together, you and I. But maybe one of these days, we'll get better at figuring out our relationship and we won't have to see each other as often...
But until that day, my dear Insomnia, here's to another sleepless night and a weary morning. I hope you grace another's mind tonight.
In fond remembrance of me,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment