Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate for Breakfast

My wonderful Momola got me a card for Valentine's Day that said something to this effect..."Studies show that chocolate and red wine are good for you......I love studies" It was perfect because most people who know me well know that I have a hankering for dark chocolate and red wine. I allow myself the red wine more than I allow the chocolate....should it be the other way around? The reason I am writing about this now is that it's about 8:30am and all I would really like to eat right now is a chocolate cupcake. Possibly even a Black Bottom Cupcake, which are those fabulous delicacies my Momma makes that don't have frosting but still provide you with the proportion of cupcakey goodness. I didn't eat any chocolate on Valentine's Day...not one single piece. That's got to be some sort of record. I think the sweetest thing I had was a piece of pineapple, which was delicious but just doesn't hit the same emotions as chocolate. oh well....we'll see if I can make it through the day without caving for a cupcake, or a donut or any other thing that I absolutely do not need. It's hard to eat well in the airport...so many tempting places to eat. The Cuban food is excellent, even in the airport! Moros rice may be my new favorite thing ever, I'll need to learn how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment