Friday, February 18, 2011

Yummy in My Tummy

To say that I am obsessed with food is an understatement. I don't just eat when I'm hungry...I have this need to eat something when it sounds good. I do have some restraint but sometimes....I just can't hold back. Thank goodness I like working out... Anyways, I knew I would be able to get some good Mexican food while spending my time in Miami. I had read about the Taqueria el Mexicano on yelp and it had gotten some great reviews. It looked like one of those divey Mexican restaurants that usually boast the best food. And boy were the reviews right. I got myself a vegetarian burrito and chips/salsa (because let's face it, if you are going to do Mexican food, you have to eat chips and salsa). It was delicious. Of course I ate way too much but my tummy could not have been happier to be quite so full. I think I found the Tres Amigos of Miami. Nothing will ever beat Tres but at least I've found a place that will suffice while I'm down here. It's better than any Mexican food I've been able to find in DC - I'll just have to keep searching for the dives. Also, Cuban espresso is ridiculously good - really strong and sweet and probably has enough caffeine to keep me bouncing off the walls until quittin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment