Sunday, February 27, 2011

Burn to the Sun

Oh yes, that's right. I am sunburned. Oops. This one was a sneaky little sunburn...
But basically, all this sunburn means is that I got to spend a few glorious hours at the beach frying myself to a crisp. And don't worry Mom...I was wearing sunscreen - 30 on my face and 15 everywhere else :) However, I got a new sunscreen for my face that came on a stick...I thought it would be awesome, didn't need to get all the gooey stuff all over my fingies. Wrong. I forgot to put sunscreen on my eyelids and somehow missed right under my hairline on my forehead. So when I went to dinner tonight, I thought I just looked sunkissed. An hour later, I went to the restroom to freshen up, and lo and behold the woman staring back at me in the mirror was wearing red eyeshadow....how bold! It's only gotten worse over the course of the evening but I'm hoping my skin will bounce back like it normally does and be red for a few hours or so and then turn into its nice golden brown afterwards. Lesson of the weekend though, if tanning during the hours of 11am-2pm, make sure to re-apply.
On another note, I think my Vitamin D therapy is kicking in. There's something to be said about the way sunshine affects my well-being. While it's not totally up to par yet, the sun is definitely helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment