Sunday, February 13, 2011

LIke an Eerie Nightmare...

Have you ever been in a new place and felt like you were in some sort of dream state? Like you were wandering around, hearing new sounds, seeing unfamiliar faces, and you had no idea what you were doing there? That's how I'm feeling right now...
Perhaps its because I know the actual reason I am here is for work and because that hasn't started yet, my mind was not prepared for dealing with the leisurely alternative.
There are times when I have ventured to a new city and not gone through this weird transition phase, but I think that comes from being around a familiar face. Even if it's just a co-worker or somebody you have seen around campus at school. It's amazing what a familiar face can mean to a person.
(By the way, I'm writing this on my balcony at 4pm where the afternoon sun is hitting me oh so perfectly.) I just glanced down and saw this futuristic looking single-pod monorail thing glide by on a rail. Wonder what that is? I'll look into it tomorrow. I'm so used to public transportation in D.C. that it's a little strange knowing I will have to drive everywhere. But I drove everywhere until I moved to D.C. so I'm sure I will adjust in no time.
I didn't get a bay-facing apartment, but i can still see the water to the left of my balcony. I'll have to explore South Beach sometime this week. One of the many things on my to-do list while I'm down here...we'll see how many I actually accomplish.
One of them was writing and I seem to be doing alright on that so far....noticed the sporadic nature of my posts yet? It's a stream of consciousness thing and believe me, it's a lot worse inside my own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment