Friday, February 11, 2011

Scented Lashes

I was in dire need of some new mascara, so I took a little hop and skip over to the mall to visit Sephora. Lately, I've been obsessed with Dior's Extase, which advertises that your lashes will look as good as fake ones....I was skeptical at first but was amazed at how long and non-clumpy my lashes turned out. After using this one over the last couple of months, I decided to try another Dior...Diorshow....see if it would changes things up a bit. And wouldn't you know it....they put perfume in their mascara. Why? you might ask.... Here's what I've come up with... 1) When you are rushing out the door and forget to put on a spritz of perfume...you are covered because your eyelashes will smell pretty 2) When you inadvertantly start crying because of the cold and wind blowing into your eyes while waiting outside for the metro to pull up....people around you will wonder where that floral fragrance is coming from...but you will know, you will know. 3) When that certain someone (for all those who have one, certainly not me) gives you little kisses on your eyelids or possibly an eskimo/butterfly kiss...he won't help but be intoxicated by the aroma coming from your lashes. pretty soon, all-out sniff fest of your eyelids. (forget the makeout sesh) For all of the silly reasons I can think of as to why it is a little ridiculous that mascara be scented...I must admit that when I went to apply it this morning, the scent brought a little smile to my face, put a little kick in my day, and I walked around wondering if anyone could smell my lashes...

No comments:

Post a Comment