Friday, February 18, 2011

Weeeeekeeeenddd

It's a three-day weekend....don't tell anybody, but I secretly planned my Miami detail around this holiday so I'd have a nice little three-day weekend in the middle of my trip. shhhh. I had planned to take a trip down to Key West but somehow forgot that this is peak season in Florida. Spring breakers yada yada yada, hiking up the hotel rates and ruining my weekend. It didn't cross my mind seeing as though I had been in the middle of winter up in DC. I may still try to make it to the Keys one of the upcoming weekends depending on hotel availability. I want to do a Hemingway tour (so basically drink and write in all the bars he frequented). Sounds fun, no? Who wants to join me? So, seeing as though my plans changed for this weekend...I've had to find some other things with which to occupy my time. There is an Art Festival going on in Coconut Grove that I have heard wonderful things about. I don't really know what I'm in for but art festivals are usually pretty entertaining - food, art, you get the picture....(get it?) Sunday and Monday will probably see me at the beach - the place I have been dying to get to since I arrived in Miami. Work has just gotten in the way....But don't worry, I brought my sunscreen and will do my best not to fry myself the first weekend. I am not even sure if my skin knows what sun is anymore...this is the most pale I've ever been in my entire life and that needs to change SOON. All in all, I'm hoping this weekend will be relaxing. Sleep (sleeeeeepppppp), gym, sun, festivals, beach, naps, music, beers, books, awesomeness, and if I'm really good....maybe even make some new friends!

1 comment:

  1. enjoy the sun!!! find a new secret spot in miami we can all claim as just ours!!

    ReplyDelete